Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day - Same Love

Dear Lovers,

A Happy Velvet Valentines Day! I wish all the lovers the best and I hope you spent the day walking in the park, strolling on the beach or bathing in the Sun. Even if you are single, I hope you shared the love of other couples, however hard that may have been.

 I recently stumbled on this video that I wanted to share; I actually heard this song on a Lebanese radio station, and it put a smile on my face. A pro-gay song on Lebanese radio, was it a mistake? Do they not know the meaning of the words? I hope they do, I hope they know exactly what it means. It's amazing and uplifting. 

The singer's uncle is gay and he hopes that his uncle and his partner can marry and live together and build a family without prejudice and without judgment. I showed this video to a straight guy friend of mine, Yussef. He paused a few seconds after watching it and turned to me and said "I hope you can get married one day, and I hope I am at your wedding. "


Love,
Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment