Monday, January 21, 2013

Hate



Dear “Anonymous”,

Hate is a powerful word. It’s filled with venom, spite, and self pity. I do not address everyone in this letter; I address that one gay boy, out of the 97 people that read the previous post; whom I know looks at himself everyday and hates the demon that stares back. He calls it demon, I call it gay.

I just cannot fathom the depth of hatred that one expels on a daily basis. Or even more worrisome, is the vile amount that piles on inside of you. It consumes you, day in and day out, and you can never run away from yourself. Food for thought: smile and be productive, be happy, be constructive, be uplifting because your mark on this earth is measured. Do not belittle people to feel superior, you will go nowhere with tormenting others/yourself.

I am not saying I am perfect for being ‘Out’ nor do I think every man should be. But I strongly believe if you are given the chance to do something with your life,  then do it. Do not cower behind your skinny shadow, because we all know that everyone is watching. Do you feel envious because I was able to do it and you are not? Admire my bravery.

 I am here to articulate my thoughts, just like you express yourself to the world. I have had a lot worse threats in my life; I will tell you more of one in a future post. I apologize in advance for not quitting. I live these threats all the time, the difference between you and I, is that I choose to make something out of it. I shape things around me, and you let life consume you. I reiterate that I am not perfect, but it is obvious that we are beyond different levels, so where the hell do you stand?

Just like Ohmyhappiness was an anonymous blog for some time I choose Adam to be my project. You are not obliged to read something you do not like. There are plenty of other better blogs out there that might satisfy your unquenchable thirst to hate.  I love myself and you can do nothing to change who I am. It is sad that not only do I have to prove myself to the straight community but I have to prove myself to the self-hating homosexuals!

You call me spoiled. My father toiled for 35 years to be labeled “well off”. I do not ask anything of him, I work just like you do every day. I toil just like you, nothing is handed to me. I believe what you misconceived as spoiled is veiled love -- something you evidently lack from society. Are you telling me that if you were loved by your parents, for whom you truly are, and had a stable normal relationship, that you would have the same time and attitude to tear yourself down on a continuous basis? If it helps, I love you… I love you because you do not have the capacity to love yourself.

Adam.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Adam!

    Don't waste your time with the hate messages. You do what you feel is right, and all will fall into place.

    Just one thing though: My blog was never anonymous. From the very first post, I used my full name and my picture. That was the point of it. My Twitter account was anonymous for a few weeks, but not the blog.

    I look forward to your future posts.

    Raja (aka OhMyHappiness)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Raja,

    Thank you for your support, sorry for that I was under the impression it was like I had said it. Thanks for the correction though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adam,
    I'd say don't bother with hate comments; just write what you like to write; and write it well, and write it from the heart. I never give a damn who is going to read my stuff when I write my posts; I just have the urge to write and I follow suite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samasays!

      Thanks for your support I will definitely do that. I am writing from the heart, and want to share my experiences hoping to make that difference. What is the link to your blog?

      Delete
  4. It's Samasays.wordpress.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I don't get what being an AUB student has to do with being open-minded. Many of the people I met there are inhabitants of the proverbial rock/lettuce-head (depending on which language you're telling the adage in).
    Anyway awesome blog and as my never worn gym shirt says "Haters = Motivators"

    ReplyDelete